Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Wait for the guy who will swim across shark infested waters to get you a lemonade" -Daddy and Mommy

So, my past few posts have been just words, and I apologize for that. I know its boring. Even though this is depressing and not entertaining, I find it somehow theraputic to write. After all this with my ex. I wake up thinking I am just one step closer to being better. And I am getting better. But how do I keep myself from falling right back into the same trap? How do I keep myself from falling from that same kind of guy? Here we go. I'm making a list. I am refusing to settle for anything less than my list.
1.) I want a guy who loves my hyper-activity, and crazy thinking.
2.) Never yells. Ever.
3.) Refuses to go to bed angry with me, or with tension still in the air between us.
4.) Wants me safe, and protects me.
5.) Has a job, car, ect.
6.) Loves to cuddle even though I am constantly cold.
7.) Has drive. Has a good reputation.
8.) Does the right thing. Even if its not the fun thing, or the cool thing.
9.) Has a good reputation.
10.) Actually gives my dad competition. Let me elaborate. My dad treats me like a princess... fully. No BOY has ever come close to treating me as well as my dad always has. I want a guy to go even beyond him.
11.) Tells me he loves me, everyday.
12.) Cherishes my laugh, and my love for free living.
13.) Isn't afraid
14.) FAITHFULL
15.) Loving family. I want to love his family, and his family love me
16.) I want my family to love him, which isnt hard. I have the most accepting family ever.
17.) Spoils me. Its been too long since I've been spoiled.
18.) Makes me laugh. Has a good sense of humor, Is silly and isnt embarassed.
19.) Holds my hand.
20.) Pretty Teeth (super super superficial, but, lets be honest. Its a must)
21.) Puts me first.
22.) Thinks I am out of his league. But is determined to make me fall more and more in love with him everyday
23.) ^^ Does all in his power to make himself a better man
24.) Just takes long drives with me. To nowhere. Just talking and listening to music.
25.) Loves the beach, summer, and maybe willing to move.
26.) Loves UFC. Has to be ok with my love for Forrest Griffin.
27.) Not a druggie, or an alchie. =]
28.) Respects me, and makes sure his friends and other people respect me.
29.) Give me my space. Lets me still have friends.
30.) Takes me to see girl movies.
31.) Will watch The Notebook with me...more than once.
32.) Lets me take his hoodies. Willingly.
33.) Calls me at night. To say "I Love You" and ask about my day.
34.) Is honest
35.) Loves my good heart. I want to do good by everybody, I want him to understand that.
36.) Must love cocker spaniels.
37.) And buy me one one day =]
38.) Likes that I am klutzy
39.) Is comfortable with the fact I have guy FRIENDS.
40.) Fights past my trust issues
41.) Knocks down all the walls I have built up.
42.) Tells me I am pretty. Often.
43.) Doesn't like to argue.
44.) Takes pride in dating me.
45.) Likes football, baseball, hunting and fishing. And will discuss these topics with my daddy
46.) Loves to cuddle me.
47.) Smiles alot. Is happy on his own. I want to be a HUGE part of his life. But, he still needs to be independent and MAN enough to stand on his own
48.) Is proud of me
49.) Buys me tulips (FAV FLOWER) actually... any flower will do
50.) Sweet suprises. I love when guys plan cute things for their girlfriend.

I know this list is extensive. I know alot of people are thinking it will never happen. They don't make guys like that anymore. Heck. As I am writing this I think, wow. I will probably die alone. But its ok. I would rather know I had standards and only had the best, then settle for any loser that comes my way. The next boy will have to prove he is good enough to be that special person in my life... even if it means I am alone until I am 70. Its ok... Eventually I will be the happiest and luckiest girl in the world, with a guy who just adores me. We will see. There is so much in store for me. I have so much potential. I am a good person. I have a good honest heart. And I know one day someone will really cherish that. We will see. I am young, and have a full lifetime ahead of me to find someone who meets all these "impossible requirements.

7 comments:

TraceyLeigh said...

And anytime you feel as though you are going to go against these standards and "settle", open up this blog and read it again... You are worth it!

SoniRyan said...

you will find him babygirl! he is out there waiting for you. i promise. in the mean time u wont die alone. we have tons of blankets and a small bed waiting on both of us. hahahaha jk jk

cynthia gayle said...

#36 is my favorite!!

Your Daddy said...

NO ONE can love you as much as your daddy does!

Iva Messy said...

I think this post is beautiful..... BUT ....clearly the comment above mine is THE BEST EVER!! Hope you are having a nice weekend!!

AVY said...

That's quite a list...

Pearls and Curls said...

my daddy is the best <3