Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Making the decision to have a child is momentous, it is to decide forever o have your heart go walking around outside your body. -Elizabeth Stone

I just want to talk about my mom. I gave her hell growing up. I was onery, and extremely hyper active. I could tell you stories that may scare most sensable young women into never having children, in fear, they may be as agonizing as I was. I don't want you to get the wrong impression. I was a well mannered kid, but I cant tell you how many spankings it took to finally get me that way. I was extremely hard headed. I remember my mom telling me right before she spanked me "Ana, I am only doing this because I love you." That sentence right there was a major flaw in our relationship, as she told me this, my 6 year old little mind was thinking "Ok, really crazy lady, I am not stupid, if you loved me, I would be doing the same exact rotten thing I was doing, without getting in trouble for it, your insane to believe this is an act of love." Now that I see the kind of person I grew up to be, I understand what she was saying. She helped me become a strong, determined, independent young lady. Through fights, and screaming matches, through me thinking my mom was an insane crazy person, she stood by me. She did yell at me when I got out of hand, and looking back, I see I deserved (most :]) of it. Sometimes, I start talking, and I cant believe the words coming out of my mouth.

[[I am becoming a little Cindy.]]

Yes, I am. I am becoming my mother. Which isnt all bad. My mom and I, are talented. You see, we can laugh at the same thing, for 15 minutes straight, not able to breathe, tears streaming down our faces, my mom usually starts snorting, at something no one else in the room find funny. The song by Lady Gaga Bad Romance? Heard of it? "Ra Ra Ra Ga Ga Ga Ro Ra, Rum La La". It killed us, my sister and dad had to listen to the continual giggling as we filled in the "Ra Ra Ra Ga Ga Ga... with what ever insane words/sounds that came to our heads. Thats my mom and I. She has truely become one of my best friends. And I love her dearly. I do not know where I would be without my mom.

Drum roll
Da-Da-Da-Daaaaaaa

There she is, the prettiest lady in the whole wide world.




No comments: