Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"We live by the currents, play by the tides, and follow the sun..."

SUMMER: When the waves kiss your feet, the sand is your seat, and your friends outnumber the stars*

Lazy days, beautiful nights, beachy hair, water fights, hot guys, tanned skin, schools out, summers in.

Because, its summertimes, and the memories are just waiting to happen.

Summer is when girls go barefoot, and there hearts are as free as there toes.

Palm trees, ocean breeze, lets go cruising, you and me, hot hair, sunkissed hair, endless summer, take me there <3

Beach days and flip flops. Bathing suits, tank tops. Short shorts, banging tan. Hot days, warm sand. Summer lovin, beach gear. Get ready, summer's here.

Summer is just one long weekend when everyone is having a good time.


Mhmm, the smell of suntan lotion, the salt in your hair, the warm sun beating on your skin. It doesnt get much better than summer. I am a true summer girl. Winter kills me. I do not like snow (Thanks alot 24 inches.) I hate being cooped up. I do not like the smell of winter. I know, weird, weird stuff. I love summer. There is this little town where I live. Its about 30 minutes away. The ultimate beach town. The town you see in movies, but never really though existed. The faded/broken signs, everyone is walking, no matter where you are in the town, your only a 4 minute walk from the beach. Every store you walk into is selling suntan lotion, and lip balm. Every person from the ages of 17-28 know the town, and still love to visit. Dewey. Its never fully packed, only locals hang out there. Tourists travel either another half an hour to reach Ocean City, or 10 minutes to reach Rehobeth Beach. Its the perfect place. My friend Sam and I, go from 8 in the morning till at least 12 at night, walking around, visiting the restraunts, laying on the beach, meeting up with friends, ohhh, just talking about it makes me miss it. Being cooped up for so long has been killing me. I cannot wait to get my bathing suits out and get ready to tan! I love the relaxed feeling of summer, sleeping in, fresh cut grass, $5 flipflops, mhmm. I really want to get a night job down at the beach this summer. I can't wait! I have already purchased 2 bathing suits. Its February, and there is still snow on the ground. Oops!


2 comments:

emaleigh said...

ohhhhhh summer. How I cannot wait until you make your presence known again.

cynthia gayle said...

Me too...I love the sun....laying out on the beach with a book, water, lunch (usually peanut butter and jelly sandwich!) and an apple!