Friday, December 4, 2009

"A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free♥ " -Nikos Kazantzakis

Ok, I totally need some venting time. Seriously. My words will probably be a little scrambled, mispelled and muddled. I'm apologizing now.

Restaurant Dictionary
Section: The tables that are desginated to one server.
Expo Line: A refrigerated line where we keep our dressings and such that is sent out with food.
Closer: A designated person to "check out" fellow employee's sections, or back of the house work.
Front of the House: Dining Area [FOH]
Back of the House: Kitchen Area [BOH]
Bev. Station: Where the cups, ice, soda machines and various beverage items are located.
Busing: Cleaning one's table of dishes, cleaning surrounding floor area, and checking sugars.
Sidework: Depending on what section we are, depends on our sidework, anything from keeping Expo line stocked, to keeping Bev. Station filled.
Manager Swipe: The manager swiping his or her card in order to authorize somethin.
Check Out: A slip of paper documenting our sales, tip out, and how much we owe the company.


I have worked at Applebee's for a year and a half now. A year and a half of busting my butt for him. Always keeping the expo line stocked, {when I was a closer} Bev station filled, and silverware rolled. Its ridiculous. I ran hot food before cold drinks. I kept my section clean. I helped out fellow employee's by helping with their sidework, or running food. Even greeting tables for them and getting drinks!!
WHAT DID I DO WRONG???
Oh thats right. I did nothing wrong. I just happen to work for the world's most arrogant imbesile. Everybody thinks thier boss is the biggest jerk right?? W R O N G.

Meet my former boss. Jerk McJerkson. I started working there over a year and a half ago, he was the general manager. Ok, so he's pretty funny and aways telling corny jokes [[What do you call a man with no arms and no legs hanging on a wall??]] [Art] {{Now what do you call his arms and legs?]] [Peices of Art]...Then, he started haveing these insane mood swings. He would scream... literally, S C R E A M at his employees over the dumbset stuff. He doesn't even scream at the bad lazy employees. He targets the good ones. I don't understand his way of thinking. Anyways, tonight, my sister, who works at a local rival restaurant, came on to visit me. She came in the front door, and asked to take a seat [I told her table 91]. I was busing my tables and such. I greeted her, said maybe 10 words, and went on busing my table. I went over to take her drink order, and I walk up on a conversation going on between her and my General Manager [[Mr. Jerk McJerkson]]. He is telling her that "Applebee's does not encourage family and friends to linger around the restaurant." He "doesn't know how they do it at [[rival restraunt]] but her, at Applebee's, we have policies." How rude is that?!? So, after my sister leaves, not happy at all, I talk to him, explaining I don't appreciate how he treated my family member, when she was coming in TO EAT! He proceded to get smart mouthed with me, explaining I can look it up in the handbook. Well Mr. Man, you seem to eat with your wife and step children... ON THE CLOCK! So, I quit. I told him I didn't want to work there any longer. I have had it with his insane mood swings, and screaming matches. He refused to let me work on the floor, get my check out, or talk to him without calming myself down. So I was locked in the bathroom crying on the phone to my sister. Just wanting to get out of the place. I cannot get my check out without a manager swip. So, i would most likely get the local police department arresting me for theft if I had just walked out. I couldn't calm myself down, because when I am angry I cry, come on now, [[I m a g i r l!]] So, needless to say, I was stuck, which made me even more emotional. Finally, I just got my checkout ready so he could swip it, and did my checkout. Only to be yelled at in the office when I turned it in. He said he would not let me quit (how he thinks he has the power to do that I am not quite sure) Then, he started saying I could go ahead and quit. He made no sense. So I quit. For the first time ever, I quit a job without a two weeks notice and on bad terms. I felt horrible. My mother then went into the restaurant, and l a i d h i m o u t. Because of the way he treated my sister, not because of my situation. She didn't know the whole story at the time. She came out of the building laughing. Saying he was the most arrogant jerk she has ever met. Well Thank you Mr. Jerk McJerkson. Its on like Donkey Kong. I will be in contact with his boss tomorrow. Jerk.


6 comments:

Kandace said...

Wow, I can't imagine. I don't allow my managers to yell at me, even our store manager. I may work for them, but they can treat me with respect or I'd walk out on the shift. I'd call the store manager on the way out so that he knew why too. I'm really sorry you had to go through that. I think you should Definately call his boss and let them know what happened and how he has been treating his employees. It is probably Also in that handbook not to treat people that way.

Fariha M said...

Oh my god! What a JERK!!! And I thought my boss was horrible. Its a good thing you quit. I, personally think you should complain about him to Dept. of Labor or something or contact the workplace bullying hotline or whatever. Im sure they have laws regarding these types of issues.

Kell said...

I've had bad bosses.. I have a bad boss, but I don't think it compares to this. But I think it's great that you stood up for your family member. That makes you an awesome person.. I hope you know that!

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Just found your blog. I love it. I love Marilyn. I love pearls, haha.

Sorry about the situation, glad you stood up for those you care about though!

Allison said...

OUCH. Man, that guy "Jerk McJerkson" seems like an evil guy right out of hell. I'm sorry that you're out on a job, but I'm sure you'll find another in no time!!


BTW- CUTE blog. And nice idols, seriously. You have taste! :D

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's horrible. Everything happens for a reason so I'm sure you'll be fine in no time!