Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Ok, confession 1. This is my second blog post today :/
I actually have time, I seriously
n e v e r have time to post any more. And I hate it!
Here's a little update: I
LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job! Its worknig out perfect!! My brother is coming into town tomorrow, and I am flipping stoked.
Downside: Christmas Eve, I am working 7am to 9 pm. Poo.

Confession 2. I think at one point or another in my life, I will suffer from work-a-holic-ism.
True disease, I am sure of it. But I love working. Even if it is a place I hate [see previous posts] I still love it. I love having a schedule. I love knowing I need to be somewhere at a certian time. I love doing all I can when I am working.

Confession 3. I am an over achiever. Its true. That "oh you did a terrific job" isn't just a simple comment to me. It is a strive to do even better. It is a challenge to myself. I want to be all I can be. Whether its getting a customer cheese, bacon and sour cream on their mashed potatoes, or saving someone $60 dollars a month on their cell phone bill. I love it. I love the strive to be better, I love the competition I create in my head, I love making and achieving goals that I have set for myself. I worked 45 hours last week... the 2nd week on the job. Needless to say, I am thrilled. I love working.

You're all probably thinking I am crazy, and sadly, I am slowing coming to the realization you right.

Confession 4: I H A T E what Christmas has become. I have began to think the way I used to critisize people for. As I was shopping, everything was about price. Not just price, but brand.... There is a certian individual that I buy for. I hate buying their gift. It seems as if every year, I go out of my way, spend more than I budgeted, and put way to much thought and headache into the gift, only to see a look of faint disappointment on this individuals face. It drives me up a wall. What do they want me to do, but a Ferarri on a waitrees' pay?!
Christmas should be about the time you spend together, with your family and closest friends. Not the price tag of the gift you recieved. Trust me, this is not my being cheap. It is simply that, this person has everything. And whatever they don't have, they are sure to get from their parents, Christmas day, or any other day of the stinkin year. I never know what to get. I think I got a pretty terrific gift this year for them, however I know when the time rolls around for them to open it, I will once agian bang my head agianst the wall in frustration.

Confession 5: I am positive I have gained weight from all the Christmas cookie eating... but this may not qualify as a confession, being as everyone has been sneaking those cookies =]

Confession 6: The more I sit around in this snow, the more I think Arizona is calling my name. I want to travel. Travel everywhere, see as much as I can before I settle down and have kids.

Kids...
Confession 7: I want 5 babies. Yea, that wasn't a typo. 5. 5 kids running around.

Confession 8: I do not find Forest Griffen all that attractive, but i'll-be-darned, I'd marry him faster
than you can say "knock-out"
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! I am spending tomorrow with my boyfriend, so you probably won't hear from me until a few days after!! Happy Holidays.






4 comments:

cynthia gayle said...

Confession: I also hate what Christmas has become. I find myself every year in the same place of searching for the perfect gifts, making the perfect food, decorating with the perfect decorations. Not that I don't enjoy those things, but it doesn't need to be perfect. Instead just enough to show love to the ones I do these things for.
I am so proud of you my girlie!!

Julia said...

i am a huge audrey hepburn fan as well! i totally agree with you about what christmas has become. what about the true meaning and family?

emaleigh said...

don't bang your head too much, muffin. you might loose some brain cells.

Allison said...

Haha, I love this! Especially the cookie eating one- I do that ALL the time. ;D Have an amazing 2010!