Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Stupid shiny Volvo owner" Bella Swan/Twilight

I know I have been kinda slacking on the blog thing (ok... Ok, I have maybe missed 1 post, but it feels as if I haven't written in forever!) Anyways, on Sunday, I was EXTREMELY bored. My sister and I stay up till about 4 am every night (or day) blogging, talking, watching tv, looking through magazines, a little more talking, and possibly some midnight munchies. So, on Sunday, around 11 pm, I decided to buy a book. I bought Twilight. It looked thick enough to occupy my time for about 2 weeks. Oh No. It took me 3 stinkin days to finish.... Not too mention, on Tuesday (yesterday) I happened to work a double... meaning I worked, ALL DAY. And I still finished that dang book.

Anyways, that is no my frustration, my frustration is this:
I saw Twilight when it first came out, I went to go see it with a ton of friend from work on its opening night. I didn't really care one way or another if Bella went through a painfull demise and became a vampire. I didn't really care if Bella and Edward never got together, or if he sucked the living right out of her. It just wans't my thing. Vampires really aren't all that cool.
{But, before you skip my writing and post hostile comments, just hear me out.}
All this hype about New Moon, well it was just still all moronic to me. I mean, mixing Vampires and Warwolves... just silly. Why I chose to pick up Twilight as my reading selection, I am not sure.
...But I am t.h.r.i.l.l.e.d that I did!


The book was so much better written and played out than the movie. I can say that, Alice, was exactly how I pictured her. I pictured Bella differently, and Edwad differently. Even her mom had a complete different physic in my mind. Alice, Jessica, and Carlisle were perfectly cast. I really didn't like the way they portrayed Jasper though. He totally lookd like a conused nerd throughout the movie. It really made me mad, I didn't realize how infuriated I was. Like when Jacob comes to her house right when she moves into Forts. YOU IDIOTS! THEY MET ON THE BEACH!! We will see how I feel about New Moon when I pick up the book this week, and see the movie possibly next week.
{Sorry. Just drove me up a wall for some reason}

Anways, back to real life.
I've been working a TON, which is my reason for lack of blogging [ugh] My friend Mandy is starting a blong soon. www.missamandamae.blogspot.com Its still getting set up by my wonderful sister who is EXTREMLY talented. {S h e d e s i g n e d m y b l o g} or my mom If I am not blogging I can guarentee one of them is =]

4 comments:

Little Miss Paige said...

I felt the same way about the Twilight movie--not so hot. But the thing was that I didn't like the books either. I read all of them before the movies came out.
I agree...Carlisle was PERFECTLY cast and Jasper always looked so...awkward.

Little Miss Paige said...

p.s. New Moon (the movie) is WAY better than Twilight, which was funny because I loathed the book. I stopped reading it about 1/2 way through because I couldn't stand it anymore! Then, I MADE myself pick it up a year later and still hated it. But the movie was g-r-e-a-t.

P.T said...

I am yet to catch up on all the New-Moon-and-Twilight hype! Vampires ain't my thing either but part of me is nervous...if I start reading the book or even watch the movie I'll get hooked like millions! I'm riding this one out as far as I can...

Britney {Jesses Girl} said...

i LOVE twilight. the books are sooo amazing! :)

twilight the movie...not so good. well, if you just make fun of it the whole time, then ya. It's good for laughs but I think they could have done better. New Moon on the other hand is FABULOUS!