Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Beauty is a short-lived tyranny. -Socrates

I am dyinggg for a new hair cut!! My hair is pretty long (Middle of my shoulder blades) and CURLY. When I say curly, I mean.... pathetically curly. It is very similar to the briers, baby tress and brush you see in along the forest floor. Just.... everywhere. I get, quite frequently, about how "lucky" I am. Are these people crazy? Its like wrestling a wild bull to the ground every morning!! Women pay $60-80 dollars a month for a perm?!? Its like paying good money for bad hair days...
[[EVERY STINKIN DAY!]]
I straighten my hair, as frequently as possible, however, because of its length, thickness, and disobedience, it takes me forever. I would .LOVE.LOVE.LOVE. a cute hair style that is manageable, and still the length I have. I am quite picky about my hair. So, here are a few ideas I threw out, maybe [[.straight across bangs..]]?

My sister says straight bangs are a no-go in her book. So, i started thinking, I really want something different, the cute little bobs, are out. Number 1, I NEED my ponytails. Number 2,it seems as if everyone has them now. I would love to be daring for something a little like...
But... Come on now, lets just be a little .realistic. I am NOT that daring. So, what about side bangs? I know they are kinda "out", but they are so darn cute, and EASY.
Too out of date? Too out of style? Is everyone sick of side bangs? I know it should be what I want, but i just have no idea. My mind is blank!! So please, leave some comments. Give me some guidience. My poor hair is tired of being unruly, barbarious, and untamed [[curly]].

11 comments:

emaleigh said...

what a cute post!! you know what I think about the bangs... but you're also waaaaay more daring than my conservative i.hate.change self.

Try something new- try the new bangs. You can always sweep them to the side if you don't like them.

Lynn said...

I think we must be long lost sisters because my hair is exactly the SAME way! When I was little I had major ringlets and everyone would tell me how pretty my hair was and all I wanted was for it to be straight like all my friends' hair! I have issues keeping up with straightening my hair, too and many days my hair is thrown up in a bun with frizzy curly-ness coming out. Ugh. I like the bangs idea, there's so much you can do with them, especially if they're on the longer side. I really like the look right now where the hair is parted down the middle and curled away from the face, think Kardashian style, and you can still wear them side-swept other days.

cynthia gayle said...

I love bangs too. But with a dumb cowlick smack in the front of my head---forget it!

You should try bangs-hair does grow back ya know?

PS the blogger in you is really coming out!

A Wedding Story said...

My side bangs are driving my OUT OF MY MIND! I wish I had kept them long! Just my 2 cents :)

Sam said...

i LOVE blunt straight across bangs! I had them this time last year and love them. The only annoying part is straightening them every day, even though that takes a total of 2 minutes. i'm just lazy :) But if you want something new, I would definitely recommend the bangs. You can always bobby pin them back if you don't like them. And more reason to wear cute headbands! :)

Pearls and Curls said...

thanks everyone! I am really thinking about straight across bangs!!

Kell said...

I'm having this same problem! I need a change. My hair is THICK thick thick, stick straight and long. And it's been like this for at least 4 years. I don't care what people say. My hair, my decision. I personally love the straight across bangs :)

Alexandria said...

I believe you are my hair soul sister.

I have the 'oh you are so lucky' curly hair...not lucky at all. I flat iron it into submission EVERY single day!

I did straight across bangs once and I loved them (sometimes) they either looked awesome or terrible! It was 50/50.

I always have the side bangs...but I make sure to keep them just long enough to be able to tuck them behind my ear.

Go forth and be hair brave!

molly said...

i just found your blog through ema's! so cute!!
welcome to the blogosphere :-)

Anonymous said...

You can definately rock the bangs. If you're leaning towards the straight across bangs, go ahead and give them a try.

Pearls and Curls said...

Molly YEH! thanks so much, she put the whole thing together for me!