Tuesday, November 24, 2009

If a guy doesn't call you, he doesn't want to call you. -Alex "He's just not that into you"

Ah Amanda,
my beading partner,
my fellow SuperHero,
my amazing friend.
I love this girl to death!!

Today was our beading day. We sat for hours just creating our remarkable jewels. My sister sat in my dad's great big Redskins chair (blogging I am sure) just listening to us giggle, and talk about abosolutely nothing important. I came out with 3 new necklaces and a bracelet, Mandy revealed 2 neclaces and a bracelet. The jewlery that we made was not little "kiddie stuff" everyone at work is predicting we will create, but actually Swavroski crystal beads. Like, we went all out, hardcore, with professional looking beads. It was hours and hours of veiwing a microscopic metal thread, and trying to put a teeny weeny little seed bead on it. Also, it was more hours and hours of loosing beads all over the floor, stabbing myself with crimping beads (after you "crimp" them, those edges are sharp!) and having an absolutely amazing time. It was such a relazing day! We watched "he's just not that into you", (which I now believe should be a required curriculum in all schools due to the amount of stupid girls in this world who can't take a hint, and make the entire female race look psychotic). I am really excited about turning this into my new huge hobby. I have this thing for getting super stoked about something, then it slowly drifts off. But not beading. I swear, I had dreams about beads! This is a hobby I hope to continue for a LONGG time (or at least until Mandy and I find there isn't anything more to laugh at) Oh, and that whole "fellow super hero" thing, it wasn't just a random stupid fact, we were BatGirl and SuperGirl for halloween =] My bead organizer is about empty, and I hear Michaels calling for at least 1 more little bead spree. "Bead Spree: Spending all your money walking aimlessly through the radiant isles full of twinkling beads just shouting for me to put them in my little shopping basket." If any of you try this new hobby, trust me, you will get addicted. Its a little like blogging, once you start you just can't stop. Now, instead of going through the day hoping that a astounding occurance will happen that I can blab about, I am constantly looking at the little sparkling ornaments hanging around a womans neck, or dangling from her ears. I think about how to make them, where to find similar beads, and how to make it a little more unique. Not only is all the running through my mind, but now, at the same time, blogging is running through my mind. Such as, little enhanced words, that would make my blog more interesting to read, and the little events in life, how can I make them more distingushing and appealing? Maybe, just maybe... I should start focusing my random dancing thoughts on my career goals, and where I want to be in 5 years..... Nahhh, I'd rather envision Beading and Blogging. =]

3 comments:

emaleigh said...

beading and blogging... that's my girl!!

check out Etsy.com. You might be able to sell some of this stuff! Talk about a career!!

Anonymous said...

Ana, I love you too!!

We had lots of fun and accomplished a lot for our first beading day. I'm looking forward to beading again next week.

"He's just not that into you" being required curriculum...very funny but true.

We will NEVER run out of things to laugh about. :)

I love your creative definition for "bead spree".

Fariha M said...

you should definitely open an etsy shop!